Well the time has finally come when I could brew my own beer. I must admit that I've done a poor job of documenting the production of my first brew, but nonetheless will spare you all that and just get to the point.
I decided to brew an oatmeal stout, which is my favorite. However, I thought that I'd add some clover honey to the recipe just to boost the abv and add a little flavor. I will admit that on bottling day I was a bit skeptical about the final product.
Today FM and our cousin came over to give it a try. Not too bad for my first brew. The aroma was that of a traditional stout, roasted malts and then there was the honey. It poured black like a stout should, but there wasn't much head to it. It had a medium body, just right, and not too thick....another win! The fact that we could actually drink a pint of it without any obscure facial expressions was a positive sign. The honey was obvious, but not too overbearing...well maybe just a touch for my own liking.
Overall, I was very pleased with the outcome. I learned a lot during this process and will apply what I've learned from this round to the next.