If you are a fan of tacos why not try taco pie? A pretty quick and easy recipe that you can put together in about 30 minutes time with the main ingredients that both kids and adults enjoy.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package crushed tortilla chips
- Lay crescent dough flat on the bottom of a square cake pan and bake according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the taco seasoning and stir together well. When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top, then layer with sour cream and cheese, and then top off with the crushed nacho chips.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
The baked tortilla chips alone on the top are fantastic to pick off from the dish. We served this with some lettuce on the side which gave an added flavor when combined with a bite of the taco pie. Another option with this dish is to not crush the tortilla chips and serve as a dip when having a party. No matter which way you serve it, taco pie should be a hit in your home.