Well I am here back with another simple yet tasty recipe for you cooks out there who like to keep things easy in the kitchen. Today we have baked honey mustard chicken which I was able to whip up within an hour last night.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
I served this with some rice and salad and it went over very well with the family. Mixing the chicken and sauce with the rice gave it an amazing taste and next time I may serve the meal over rice rather than on the side.