This is one of those dips that scare me because if I see it, I tend to devour it. This dip is perfect for tailgating, family parties or any other event where you want to be the most popular person there. The recipe below uses canned chicken but fresh chicken breast can be easily substituted. Simply cook a bone-in breast in boiling water for 20-25 minutes, pull the meat away from the bone with a fork and boom-shredded chicken. As with anything, you can adjust the level of heat to your liking but from my experience, Frank’s seems to be a nice middle ground for most crowds because it brings nice flavor without the dominating heat of some other sauces. I’ve tried both types they recommend below and my choice would be the wing sauce because it has more of the buffalo flavor I’m looking for in this dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (9.75 ounce) cans Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until it’s smooth. Stir in the dressing, pepper sauce and blue cheese. Stir in the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbly. Stir before serving. Serve with the vegetables and crackers for dipping.